(Huge Sigh)

A few days ago, I learned (through facebook) that one of my friends from teacher's college got engaged to one of our classmates. They met in class and started dating in January I think. They are a cute match. They're from different backgrounds but something about it seemed natural. Nic was a subdued kind of guy. He was outgoing but not loud, outspoken but not obnoxious, quiet but not shy. And she is just a sweet girl with a bubbly personality. I'm actually very surprised that she didn't find a teaching job. The two are getting married in August. They're in Alaska right now (I guess an early honeymoon?) They've been to Mexico and New York as well. Share and Ben travelled frequently too (Korea, South Carolina, Las Vegas) I'm really happy for them.

The list is out for TDSB vacancies so I'll get started tomorrow morning with the calls.

I still don't feel good. Last night J was talking to me about his work for a good 1/2 hour and I couldn't feign interest the slightest bit. My input included "hm-mm", "okay", and "really". I was feeling way too emotional. Then when he asked me how I was, I couldn't hold it in. I told him "not good" and started crying a little but I made him believe that I wasn't. I didn't tell him anything but he knows something is wrong. I wish I could control myself better in these situations.

What I need is a permanent job here. I need to meet new people and work in a different environment. I hate where I am right now.

Thank you, K, for the kind words. I hope I CAN appreciate the darkness one day.

GW

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "(Huge Sigh)"

  1. Karim Kassam , on 21 June 2007 at 11:25 said:

    Hey, where's the list for TDSB vacancies?!?! I DIDN'T GET IT! OMG!

    Oh, wait... I think it's because I'm on the ETH list, and the principals are supposed to look at ME, not the other way around.

    Stupid TDSB and its stress-inducing hiring patterns. Sometimes this career blows :P